We are looking for blind or low vision participants to participate in a remote interview on Zoom to test our Alexa skill. The study does not present any risk to the participants. This research is supervised by Dr. Audrey Girouard.
- An interview 45 minutes to an hour where you will be shown a demonstration video explaining different features of two Alexa skills and asked about your preferences.
- You will access our Alexa skill on your Amazon Echo device or Smartphone and engage with it and share your experience.
- Data will be stored on password-protected computers only accessible to the researchers.
You are …
- Blind or low vision
- At least 18 years of age
- Comfortable with the English language
- Have access to Alexa (Amazon echo device or Alexa application on mobile phone) or willing to download Alexa application on your mobile phone.
- Some level of board game experience is required.
- Board game experience with Ticket to ride is a plus.
You will be compensated with a $30 CAD eGift card of your choice after completing the interview. Amazon is the default eGift card option.
If interested, email Saman Karim at samankarim[at]cmail.carleton.ca for more details!
The ethics protocol for this project has been reviewed and cleared by the Carleton University Research Ethics Board, CUREB-B Clearance # 117485. If you have any ethical concerns with the study, please contact the Carleton University Research Ethics Board-B via email at ethics[at]carleton.ca).